Monday, December 14, 2015

Def Leppard once said...

"I can’t stop the hurt inside, when love and hate collide." I’m going to be honest, I cried the first time I heard that song, but I also cried this week and I’ll tell you why right now.

Monday night after p day we were just wondering looking for anyone to teach. So we tried a reference that we had. Her name is Laura. So we went, she opened the door, and next thing we know, we are teaching her about the family and she accepted to be baptized, and we had a lesson scheduled the next day! It was nuts! We were blessed that night by the lord with someone to who is ready to be baptized!

Tuesday, like I said, we had our lesson with our Laura and it was a church tour! She told us that she wanted to change and thinks this is the change for her! BOOM! That was awesome to hear! Also, this same day began a giant, week long party in a large part of my area. we avoided it at all costs because we didn’t want to be shanked.

Wednesday, the part got even bigger. I don’t know how to explain in words how big this party is... We didn’t have any lessons and we stopped working at six because we wanted to continue living. So we sat in our house like a couple of little old ladies just listening to the thousands of explosions going off outside.

Thursday is the day I cried. We had one lesson, but the person didn’t accept anything. So after we got home we got a call from Hector. We were excited because we hadn’t heard much from him since he got his new job as police, but then we got hit hard. He told us he still wanted to be baptized, but he would be able to until next year with his job. He doesn’t have a break and we don’t know when is break day will be for next year either. I tell you what, Def Leppard is so right and honestly speaks to my soul as I cried a little that night.

Friday we had two great lessons. One with Laura! three in one week!!! And the other was with Marcela and Diego! I am so stoked to see them baptized and I can’t wait to keep helping Laura progress!!!

Saturday was amazing! We took Marcela and Diego, and another family to the temple! We got to see the temple lights and went through the visitor’s center! It was way more spiritual than I thought it would be and totally worth the drive there! not to mention the lights were beautiful!!!

And Sunday we got to see the dedication of the Mexico Tijuana temple! It was done by President Uchdorf and elder Oaks! Uchdorf was very funny and at one point he said to a kid that was putting a ton of cement in the stone, "Ok, I think that’s good. We are not trying to rebuild the temple!" It was hilarious!!

Well, that my week. that you for your prayers of safety because we needed them this week! 

Stay Classy
Elder Johns








No comments:

Post a Comment