Monday, December 5, 2016

Straight Thuggin'

I've always known I'm from the hood! But we got our changes, and I'm headed over to Valle De Chalco!!! So, I'll be straight thuggin' for the next little while.  #dreamcometrue I'm pretty excited because this is the place that gets the most baptisms in the whole mission!!! Also, my comp is Elder Draper and let's just say this is going to be a fun cycle!!! We'll see what goes down!! But I'm also pretty bummed because this area where I'm at right now will have between 6-10 baptisms next cycle.

Tuesday. We had a meeting in Chalco and that took most of the day. We're planning a pretty big activity and I'll tell you more if it gets approved this Sunday. But it involves 3 zones!!!

Thursday was alright. I woke up sick and then slept till 1:00. During that time, my body worked the sickness over almost as good as Rocky worked Tommy Gunn over in the Rocky V street fight. When I got up again I felt fine and we went out to work!!!

Friday was great! We had a short lesson in the morning with Remedios and her husband. They had texted us the night before telling that they were sick and wouldn't be able to make it to the temple trip that we had planned but that their kids would still be able to go... That didn't fly with us, so we went over to their house for 2 things. 1: to see if we could do anything for them and 2: to make sure they weren't just bailing out! But, it turned out they really were sick and that they couldn't go. But we'll take them another time!!! The trip ended up really good! The Christmas lights were up and our investigators enjoyed it!! I, as well, enjoyed myself. All around good day!

Saturday. We started the day off right with some good ol' fashioned baptismal font cleaning! We cleaned that puppy so good! It might have been even better than I clean myself sometimes!! Then we got ready and headed out to see a baptism in the Valle De Chalco area for my comp. After which we ran back to our area to get to OUR baptism!!! When we got there the room was full!!! It was a triple baptism!!! Guirmina and Irving (an 8 year old) for us and one more for the other elders. Guirmina asked me to baptize her and that was seriously the coolest thing!!! It was absolutely amazing to have gone on this journey with her!!! From the time she contacted me 6 weeks ago, to the opportunity to enter into the waters of baptism with her!!! It’s an experience I will be able to enjoy for the eternities with her!!! To finish off the baptism, Guirmina gave the final prayer and did something I've never heard or thought of, but I liked it a lot!!! She said, "...and Father, I testify unto thee that this is the true church and that the Book of Mormon is true..." She testified to our Father in Heaven!!! It’s like she reversed the rolls, because he normally testifies to us!!! So cool!!! Flipping awesome day!!!

Sunday was fine. I said my goodbyes to the people I've come to love here in Huitzilzingo and will miss them a ton!!! I packed my bags and that's all she wrote. There is no greater joy more true or more pure than this gospel. I'd give my life to testify of it! But, taking wise counsel from Elder Holland, it’s great that so many of us would die for this gospel, but that's easy in comparison to LIVING for this gospel. Please think about this counsel from Elder Holland. Also, it’s NEVER too late to come unto Christ. No matter how far off the path we've gone, no matter how many years it’s been, Christ’s hand is STILL (and forever will be) stretched out waiting for us to grab ahold.

That's all I got. Rock on. #ILUMINAelMUNDO  #thedeflep  As Always!!!

Stay Classy,

Elder Johns








No comments:

Post a Comment