Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Remedios Came to Church!!

Kind of short this week. Not too much going on. The weeks keep going by fast and it’s crazy to think I’m writing yet again.

Well, Monday ended lovely. We got some info from another elder that several guys from our zone were in the habit going to write more emails after the district meeting and then getting home way later than they should. So we pulled out some of those "crazy kids from Coolsville" skills and pin pointed the place where they would most likely be. I'm serious, we were just missing a dog and we were the mystery gang. So me and comp went on over there and low and behold there they were. Honestly, when I saw them there was a sadness that came over me. And I did not want to bust them because 2 of the 4 are pretty good friends of mine. But we did what we had to do, didn't yell or anything, just told them to go home. We'll see what happens from here.

Tuesday I had divisions. and it seems that every time I have divisions, nobody is home... so another lovely day.

Thursday was awesome! So around 6:30 Wednesday night, I get a called from the assistants giving me some info. As I sat on the other end of the line, I nearly cried as I heard the the words, "In honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow, we will be playing football in the stake center at 7:00am" come through the speakers of my phone. Needless to say, we were there before 7:00am. We tied for first place, so that was fine. But easily the best part of the week!!!

Sunday was also a fantastic day!!! Guirmina got to church again! We have been working so hard with her daughter because we know she will be baptized if she’d just go!! But there was no sign of her as church started. All hope was lost... once again. But a light burst through the door right as the second hour started and Remedios (daughter of Guirmina) and her daughter Jessica came walking in. I could just hear Cher singing, "Do you Believe in life after Love?!" I have no idea why this song came to my head at this moment, but I didn’t care! It’s a great song and it seemed to fit perfectly!!! Now we start the countdown for Remedios baptism!!!

I really want to thank all those who sent a prayer to Remedios and Guirmina and their family! because now we are seeing the miracles!!! As Always!!!

Stay Classy,

Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment