Monday, April 3, 2017

Victoria is as Sweet as a Taco

Tuesday. Not much.

Wednesday we went to talk to Julia about what she thought of the baptisms last week. She told us that she really liked the way it was and that it gave her a lot of confidence. Awesome, right? But we were shocked, saddened and disappointed when she told us she still wasn't sure. We will be dropping her, hopping she receives a strong wakeup call without the gospel of Jesus Christ in her life for a while!

Thursday. A short saying I was taught by my parents saved a couple lives Thursday. That saying is, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
"Elder Johns! How could that saying possibly save any lives?" 
Let me tell you!! We were in lovely ward council and per usual, the bishop starts saying stuff about the Elders. Garbage, in fact. But what really made me want to kill someone is when he narrowed in on me and started talking crap about me right there in front of everyone. None of it was true and I couldn't believe it. I already strongly dislike this bishop because he does nothing to help the ward. So I knew if I said anything, there was going to be blood. So nothing was said. Lives were spared. I am still angry and hoping for a change soon.

Friday was a glorious day that will be remembered by all of those who were present to see what happened live. We had a taco eating contest at one of the side stores here.   It was 3 teams of two Elders, and each team had to eat a kilo of meat. That's about 1.1 pounds of meat each competitor. I must say it was a gnarly battle!! Not only man vs man, but also man vs meat!! But my comp and I took the win!!! We finished our portion in 15:00 min flat! Some were amazed. Others were astonished. And I'm pretty sure the people around us wanted to vomit at the sight of it!! But that didn't stop us!!! And the best part was that the winners didn't have to pay!!!

Saturday and Sunday were conference days. Chill and watching conference the whole day was a nice rest. I really liked Elder Oaks talk on the Godhead.  He dropped some spiritual bombs! 

That's all I got. Not too much success. But as Rocky once said, "It’s not about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can GET hit and keep moving forward!!! How much you can TAKE and keep moving forward!!! That's how winning is done!!!" So take life’s hits and keep moving forward. As Always!!!

Stay Classy,

Elder Johns


No comments:

Post a Comment