Monday, November 16, 2015

Well, I can check "getting attacked by a cow" off the bucket list!

There we were, minding our own business when I heard something coming our way. I turned my head and about 30 yards away was a cow running right for us. I then told my comp, "get ready, we are about to be in a knockdown, drag out fight with a cow". He saw the cow and we got behind a tree. Then it just stared at us. Elder Cowdin said, "Elder, I will punch that cow right in the face! I don’t even care!!!" But the Lords hand was with us because as we slowly walked away, it didn’t move. But that’s how my week started.

The next couple days were long and nothing good happened. We are finding a lot of new people but no one is or wants to progress. Some just want to listen.  And we also have new rules so if they don’t progress we drop them pretty fast. So, with that, we are we are losing people as fast as we are gaining them. I'm not a big fan of it.

Also this week, we just flat out worked hard. So I’ve been pretty tired for the past couple days. But life goes on and you just have to deal with what you’ve been dealt. It was also pretty sad when we didn't see our best investigator at church. It really just makes you want to cry. It makes you wonder why you are here, but then you remember the good outnumber the bad. But there is no médium emotion. You are either really happy or pretty sad. Or tired.

But Last night was really good. Me and Elder Cowdin went to another missionaries house with 2 other guys as well and slept there for our tournament today! It was cool just to hang out. As for today, we didn't win, but it was a lot of fun and we have another one in 6 months- BooYah!!!

I want to thank you all for your prayers. I will keep you in mine.

Stay Classy
Elder Johns



























No comments:

Post a Comment