Monday, January 18, 2016

My Mother's Worst Nightmare...

Well, it's been a good one. I've got good companions and a great area. Pretty much paradise. Despite the fact that I was almost SHANKED this week.

So Tuesday we were pretty excited to get our new comp! And we had to cancel a couple lessons and move stuff around but it was ok. And right before our "last lesson of the day" when we would get our new comp, we get a call that he wouldn't be there until the next day. So we just had to wing the rest of the day. That was a horrible 3 hours without lessons.

Wednesday, we started the day off by getting to know some more people. We headed over to one families house that I was told lived there. We knocked and they let us in. They gave us cake and we were just talking. But then they went NUTS. They started trying to hold our hands, and hug us and stuff. I looked over and saw the same look in my comps eyes that I had. PURE FEAR!!  Being missionaries, we tried giving them a lesson. That didn't work. So we decided it was time to go. But they wanted pictures with us because "we are handsome". Can I blame them, no! But we are not here to do that. So we practically ran out the door. Then around 4, we got our new comp! He speaks pretty good Spanish and the past couple of days have been awesome in this trio. Normally trios are the worst, but it's working out pretty great here.

Thursday, nothing happened... oh wait, I lied. It rained a little. But it was just one of those days where you can't find anyone. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO' DAT!!! 

Friday I went on interchanges with a zone leader, Elder Williams! He's awesome and a really funny guy! He taught really well and I learned what I can do better. Purpose of the interchanges accomplished!!! Our last lesson was with a less active. They are less active because of what someone else said or did... You've Got To Be Kidding Me! You're going to let someone else's action make it so you don't go to church?  They have only hurt themselves by taking away their agency. Either that or they used it wrong, if that's possible. I don't know, I just got a little fired up in that lesson.

Saturday we had service! We went to help a lady remove a tree trunk. #missionimpossible She gave us a bunch of tools to use and we went to work! We dug, axed, hacked, beat it with a sledge hammer, pure man force, nothing worked. So I decided to start a fire around the base. That was pretty cool, but it didn't work.  After 2 hours of working this thing, it moved a half inch both ways. We went home defeated that day.   That night, walking home, Elder Valera saw a guy following us and when he turned to see him, he had a knife half out. So being missionaries, we contacted him!!  When he put the knife back, we talked to him. All in all, he didn't want to listen to our message dang it. oh well, maybe the next psycho.

Thank you all once again for everything! 

Stay Classy
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment