Monday, February 8, 2016

Solid Week


Pretty good week this week.  Solid some might say. No miracles, but we did see people change and sometimes that is the miracle.

Tuesday we hit the ground running at 6 a.m. We have a member that owns a gym and lets us use it for free. So as much as I didn't want to, I did legs. That's right ladies and gents. I squatted. We had good lessons all day. One was when my comp wanted a mango, so we got him a mango. We asked the lady selling them if she had talked with the missionaries before. She said no, and the next thing I knew we were having a full out lesson with her! Cool stuff! We ended with 4 baptism dates that day!

Wednesday I woke up in pain. Why you may ask? Well, because I could barely move my hammies! I walked the whole day like I had something in my pants. I got some weird looks, but I thought to my self, "Elder Johns, you're 6´ 5", and that's something most of the people here will never be"  and then we were all even in my mind!  Also another good day of work!  We contacted like nut jobs and we are seeing a good amount of success!

Thursday I decided after being yelled at by a couple of people who had a lot of false doctrine that I wasn't going to just sit there and take it then say, "OK, have a nice day :)" I'm now going to fight back. So yes, I have roasted a couple people with the bible. The mood changed and they probably felt a little awkward like, "oh my gosh, I just got roasted by a big white boy, and he was right..." or something like that. But they need to know we have the truth!  We also had a great lesson with a small family who all want to change and have been to church a few times before us!  They are going to do so good if they continue to come to church. They only have one problem. They can't speak very good Spanish.  They speak some native language that's really cool to listen to.

Friday. So we have two sets of assistants in our mission now because our mission is bigger and they live really close to us and we like hanging out with these guys. Sometimes they need help with their job, so they call us. Sometimes we're running around doing stuff to help them out. Like we had to go and empty the baptism font, and refill it for a baptism at 5, but it was around 12 when they called. So we were constantly running back to the church to get stuff done that day in between our own lessons. After the work we could do, we put on a movie night for our ward.  It was alright, but I think we´ll have more people come next week!!

Not a lot happened Saturday. We had a lesson with a less active family who is awesome! They are one of our goals to reactivate!!  Their son wants to be baptized. When we asked him why, and he told us because he wants to know if the water is cold... we have a little work to do with him, but he's a funny kid!

Sunday, after church and eating, we had a small missionary conference which was alright, but it was really boring, but I did get some ideas out of it so it wasn't horrible. Then we went home and watched a D&C movie about the church. 

Hope you all had a good week!

Stay Classy,
Elder Johns





No comments:

Post a Comment