Monday, February 8, 2016

A New Area

Start spreading the news! I'm leaving today!  We are a great big part of it, CUAUTLA! CUAUTLA!!! That's right ladies and gents, I'm in the big city!!! Random transfer we had this past Wednesday, but it's pretty sweet!!!

So Tuesday we had meeting with the president and once again, I can't tell you guys how awesome this guy is!!! I will miss him when he's gone!! But during our meeting he told me, "oh, and by the way, you leave tomorrow to a new area. and you're senior companion. And you're opening this area as well. Missionaries haven't been in this area for a long time." So a little bit of a shock factor, but all is well. So right after the meeting, we left and I began to pack up. Not, a lot happened, but a crazy day!

Wednesday we got to our new area. my comp is elder Treviño and he's ok. We started learning the area and contacted people like nuts! We had to also set up our whole house because they brought us everything that day. Our area is city and a little bit of the boonies. I'm talking dirt road with no lights at night boonies. Pretty cool! That night, I was kind of iffy with my comp while we were walking the streets. We were talking about Rocky and he told me, "it so fake! I'm not a big fan." Needless to say, it will be a long, long cycle...

Thursday, opening an area is a little different. you don't know anyone, so all you do is contact and get to know the members. So we have all our lessons for this up coming week. But let me tell you something we do have. FOOD. I mean great food. Tacos, pizza, ice cream, tacos. Yes I said tacos twice!  Let me tell just say, I'd do more for these tacos than I would for a Klondike bar that's for sure! Just so you all know, I will be learning more about patience with my new comp. That's the last thing I will say about him.

Friday was pretty boring. Nobody has time to talk until next week so we just contacted and walked around getting to know our area. We also got ice cream that night. It was pretty good!!

Saturday and Sunday were the same. Walking and knowing, but we do have a ton of lessons planned for next week!!!  Hopefully we get some people who are interested!  But Sunday we also ended up with someone who wanted to be baptized!!!  So we will definitely be working with her! 

Sorry not to big this week!  More success on the horizon! 

Stay classy
Elder Johns





No comments:

Post a Comment