Monday, March 14, 2016

Cuautla is Hard

I've got to tell you guys, I love this area so much, but it has been the least successful time of my mission so far. But this week has also proven that the Lord is looking out for us and if we work hard we will see his hand in our lives!

Well, Tuesday we had one lesson all day, but it was a gem. It was with a guy named Samuel! He's 78 years old and before we knew what the heck was happening, he started to hop and dance around his house to show us how he could still move. I'm telling you it was amazing! He attempted to do the splits in the air!! And because I don't know how to say, "sit down you old geezer before you blow out a gasket" in Spanish, I just asked if we could start our lesson. We had our lesson and it was actually really good! So we invited him to go to church with us this week and he said, "yes... but there's one problem. My neighbors have been trying to kill me for the past 14 years and I know that they are Mormon". Gosh dang it. Why do all the good ones end up crazy?  So to finish the lesson, we promised him that we would go over and talk to his neighbors to see if they would stop trying to kill him... but it all ended up pretty good!

Wednesday we had divisions. So I was with our district leader in the morning. Before we left the house to work, we get a call from our comps. "Hey so we are going to the hospital because Elder  Johns´ comp doesn't feel good". That was a pretty nerve racking call. So we continued with our day waiting for another call and about two hours in, a downpour of rain came upon us. We were 100% soaked in 3 minutes. That was good times walking around drenched. Later we got the call from our comps and the problem was my comp couldn't handle too much spicy food!!  So he has to lay off the chile. So that's a relief... and even though we didn't have lesson, it was an ok day.

Thursday was easily the best planned day I've had here in Cuautla city! Almost all were actually scheduled and not just planned and as we went throughout our day all we got was, "oh, I forgot and can't right now" or "aw man, I'm about to leave" or "it would be better another day"(then why did you scheduled it for this day?). It was pretty hard to hear and I mean I love this place so much, but it's very frustrating to be here. It's hard to want to work all day for nothing. Or at least what feels like nothing for right now.  But all we can do is press on.

Friday was awesome! We had the opportunity to go the the Mexico city temple!  It's my second session that I've done there and this time I understood all of it which was cool! It's so amazing in there! It's my second favorite by far. Right  behind the Gilbert of course! #gtownpride Then that night, we had challenged some investigators to play soccer against us and if we won, they came to church. We lost.. they were really good. But one ended up coming anyway for the other elders! 

Saturday, another solid day of planning, another solid day of sledge hammers to the heart. I really don't know what else we can do here. We are praying, we are working like dogs, everything. Maybe it's just not their time or who knows what. To cheer ourselves up, I bought a new cologne called safari leather, and we stopped by Romens to end the night off. It was cool because number one, the cologne was only like $5 in US dollars, and some member paid for our ice cream. #blessed!!
















Sunday was good at church! We had 2 investigators there and some great talks given! Then our investigator told us that they wanted to stay for all 3 hours the next week! That was pretty cool. Then we just had a night of reporting and went to bed!

Thank you once again for all the prayers.  They're helping right now a lot!

Stay Classy
Elder Johns




No comments:

Post a Comment