Monday, March 28, 2016

"White Skin" Angels and Owen

Well, it's been a good one this week! AbsoFLIPPINGlutly full of miracles and surprises! And I made a drunk guy cry too. Pretty sweet I'd say! But we'll get to that in just a little.

Tuesday. Wow, what a gem it was to be with my mission loving comp. We weren't having much success. So after the food, we went to our house to do 30 minutes of paper work so we can find some less actives in our ward. The bishop asked us to, so that's what we did. We get about 2 minutes in and my comp leaves.  I figure he went to the bathroom. No biggie, right? WRONG! I finished my paper work in 20 minutes and he hadn't come back out to finish his. So I go and check and what do you know, he's sound asleep. I call his name twice. No response.  So I yell his name. Nothing. I don't know if he was ignoring me or what, but I went back in and did his paper work. All done with that, I checked him again, yelling his name over the chainsaw of a snoring he had. Nothing. So I go read some scriptures. 10 sections of D&C later, he waddles on out and I grab my bag and head for the door... and wait. 5 minutes go by and he comes around the corner and sees me. As if surprised he says, "oh. yeah?" I said, "well yeah! You've been asleep for 2 hours of the Lords time." and off we went. Good heavens above.

Wednesday was life saving because we had interchanges. Me and the district leader head off and wait for the bus. As we wait, I heard someone behind me yell, "Wedo". I don't know how you spell it in English, but it means "white skin" but not offensively. So being the only wedo around, I figure he's talking to me. So I turn around to see a drunk guy coming towards us. He starts asking us for a peso and we only had enough for our ride. We told him no 2 or 3 times.  After that he took an aggressive step at my comp and I heard my comp say, "hey easy man". So, naturally I stand up taller and fold my arms and look down upon this 5' 4" man. Now I don't know if angles were behind me and he saw them or what happened, but he looked up at me and slowly began to cry.  He told us, "God bless you" and went on his way.  Once he left my comp said, "did you see the knife?" DID I SEE THE KNIFE?!?!?!  THE GUY HAD A KNIFE!!!! You've got to be kidding me?  I almost got shanked and didn't even know it?  The Lord is here with us in Cuautla City!

Thursday. I'd like to think it was a pretty good day. Others maybe not so much. I sat down with my comp and finally let him have it. I asked him lots of different questions, like why he was here. Why he slept, and I promised him if he didn't drop the pride and change now, he'd go home early. To which he responded, "that's fine". You're joking me?  I asked if he wanted to go home and there was no response. So I told him that he can waste the time if he wants to but not to get in my way. So for the next 2 days, I walked 60 yards ahead of him. He didn't work at all... but there's a saying here in Mexico that fits perfectly. "No Me Importa".

Saturday was awesome. We finally dunked Owen! The 9 year old that we've been teaching forever. We put the date on Friday and he was baptized Saturday! It was a little odd because he began to swim in the font after the ordinance. so I threw him out and we continued the service. We had a total of 4 baptisms in this area that day and it was really cool to see!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sunday not much happened. But one of the people who got baptized yesterday we know pretty good! He asked me to ordain him at the last minute which was cool to give that blessing and give someone the holy ghost! We also got our changes!!! I'm staying here another cycle and my lovely comp is off to the Valley De Chalco.  He may get shot... I'll pray for him. Oh and one more miracle happened! After church a lady walked in the chapel and asked if she could be a part of this church... WHAT THE WHAT?!  That doesn't happen! She told us she's been going to church in California for 24 years and never was baptized! Bunch of chumps in Cali! Thanks for the baptism!! I  mean glory hallelujah!!! Please pray for her. Her name is Sarah! 

Thank you all for the prayers! I feel them every day!

Stay Classy
Elder Johns


His Thursday Night 2 for 1 Frap Shop
 

No comments:

Post a Comment