Monday, June 27, 2016

Elder Johns is Back

Ok! We got a good one today! Great week, great work, great vibes! For those of you who don't know, I have been made a zone leader! I am in a zone right outside of Cuautla, but the furthest from Chalco haha. You can't win 'em all!! And like Isaiah wrote, "...my thoughts are not your thoughts... Saith the Lord". But I know a lot of people in my zone and most of them were my leader at one point. So it should be awesome!!! Now on to the week.

Tuesday we got up and got ready to head out to our changes! We packed all of my stuff over to another stake building and I waited there for my comp!
Once he got there we had to start checking if all the zone had their comps and were headed to their area. We only had problems with one companionship but they both ended up alive and well! Then we headed to our area and began looking. After we ate, the member we ate with showed us around the area where we lived and we had 3 lessons before the day was all said and done. I think I had a total of about 3 lessons in the past 3 months so I’m feeling pretty good about this area!!!

Wednesday we got up and it was the real first day we could work all day! The last guys here didn’t leave us anything and we are both new to the area so we are starting from scratch! My area is a bunch of little towns put together with just a bunch of hills. I’ve lost about 30ish lbs. so these hills are now just going to wither me away to nothing. Not too much work Wednesday. Mostly contacts, but I’m loving where I am!

Thursday was another good day. After our weekly planning we headed to the food. We ate with a little old lady and then took off to see who we could find. We had a couple lessons today and I’m still excited about this area because there is a ton to do here. But it’s also ginormous we found out. For example, we have to take a convi for 30 mins to get to a part of our area. Not even sure if that’s the farthest part either.

Friday was good! We had an interesting lesson with a lady and her son who’s 16, married to another 16-year-old, and she’s 4 months pregnant... we asked what he was studying, he told us he dropped out of high school... we asked where he was working, he told us he wasn’t looking for work... we asked his wife where she was working, and she just laughed at us for even having the THOUGHT PROCESS of thinking she would ever work... they’re done for. But hey, koodos for your kid that you’ll have in 5 months. Sure hope you can feed him.

Saturday was a special day! It’s the day we head over to Ameca at 8:30 in the morning so we can get there at 10 for a meeting with the president. And from 10 to 3 we were over there hashing things out. And from 3 to 4:30 we headed on over to Amayuca for an intervista that another companionship needed us to do. 5 to 6 we waited realizing she wouldn’t be coming and 6 to 7 we headed back over to our area and did what we could for 2 hours.
So yeah! Elder Johns is back and kicking and loving it up here in my new area called Estacion. It feels good working again with someone I don’t want to kill!!! Thank you for all your prayers! They have helped me so much this past trial of my mission! As Always!

Stay Classy

Elder Johns



No comments:

Post a Comment