Monday, October 24, 2016

Hit That 15 Month Mark

Ok. Good week. Good, good week. I’m kind of done with my comp, but it’s all good. Baptism! Almost two, but the chump backed out. But we will get to that in just a second!

Monday was our annual sports day! I was pretty amped and probably went in expecting too much from our zone. But I didn’t care! I have to say that we were good, just not good enough... When it was all said and done I was pretty ticked because we lost and i was sunburnt so I was just ready to go home. I did get a good looking hair cut though!

Tuesday we did alright. We had a lesson with Adriana and her eight year old son, Erwin. She also has a daughter, but she’s in that twelve year old rebellious stage so she doesn’t listen to us... Yet!!! They are planning to be baptized this Saturday!

Wednesday blew chunks!!! We did divisions and I had a greenie come with me in my area! He’s fine, he wasn’t the problem. The problem was that we walked the whole flipping day!!! I’m talking, take me back six months and shove me into the center of Cuautla again, kind of nothing. Even the little old lady who has NEVER rejected the Elders since the dawn of time, told us she wouldn’t be able to talk that day... good times.

Thursday wasn’t to shabby! We had two really good lessons!! The first one was with Adriana and Erwin again. We finished up everything up with them and they were ready for their baptism interview on Friday!! Then the other lesson was with a lady named Dora. She is most worried about the salvation of her kids, but not like in the weird Christian way where she’s just looking that we can dunk them and then, yay we're saved! She really wants then to find a good church and stay there and learn! So I have high hopes for her. If you would send a prayer her way that would be awesome!!!

Friday. We had to run over and do a baptism interview for one of our district leaders right after we ate. Then right after we finished there, we had to tear back over to our interview with Adriana and Erwin! My main man Elder Searle did the interview for us and they both passed! What Up?! All set for Saturday's baptism!!!

Saturday. 6:50 a.m. We are bailing water out of the baptismal font because the pump doesn’t work. Nothing new that something goes wrong the day of the baptism. But we were waiting for our mission leader to help us at 7:00am. 7:30am rolls around and we have finished bailing water and the mission leader shows up... right on time. We finished up there and ran home to shower because the baptism was at 11:00. So everything was going good. Adriana got baptized, then it was Erwin's turn. But he starts saying he doesn’t want too anymore... You have GOT to be pulling my leg!!! So he weasled his way out of it, which is fine. Heaven was getting a little crowded anyways...  That was a joke. We still plan on baptizing him later!!! Also, sorry I haven’t written as in depth lately. But I’m back! Thank you for all the prayers that have been sent my way! As Always!!!

Stay Classy,

Elder Johns







No comments:

Post a Comment