Thursday, August 13, 2015

"I'm Kind of a Big Deal"

Let me just being with this. I'm probably the coolest guy you know. and now, you may find yourself say, "But Elder Johns, I know a bunch of pretty cool people".  And this may be true, but they'll never be "I pet a wild parrot cool".  That's right ladies and gents! I am a freaking bird whisperer!  Walked right up to it and pet it right on the wing! and no, I didn't get sick because, as stated before, I am a bird whisperer. so that was pretty crazy!

Next I want to tell you what happens on Mondays. The cleaning ladies come in and change our sheet. its very nice of them, only problem is we have to put the clean ones back on. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but when you're  6´ 5" and you only have 2 feet of room it gets crazy. So I decided that I now rip my mattress off the bed and wrestle for 5 minutes getting the sheets back on. I work up quite a sweat and my companion videos it almost every time. its good to know he's got my back...

And now, believe it or not, I have another get up in the middle of the night story. its not as bad as the other but still. I need help. Its 2:30 in the morn, and I freak out and look at the clock. so I stand up out of bed, because how could I have forgotten that we leave for Chalco in like 10 minutes. so I stand there and just stare at my comp for a good 10 seconds and then look back at the clock. I didn't know he was awake, but he then hits me on the shoulder and says, "what the heck are you doing". I said, what do you mean we have to go to Chalco soon! he said to me, "dude. its 2:30 in the morning and we have only been here for three weeks". I stood there for a second and then said, "yeah. you're right". and got back into bed. I then hear laughing from the other side of the room. In the morning I find out the our whole room was awake and witnessed the whole thing. they said they were so excited and were thinking to themselves, "Yes! he's dreaming he's in the girls house again" and then proceeded to listen to our conversation.

Well that's pretty much it for this week. I want to thank you all for your prayers! and I cant wait to get out into the field because its starting to get pretty routine here and I don't have a lot to say because I don't want to write the same letter over and over again. so I'm hoping I have more to say when I do get out there. Until then, remember that its always "Otro Dia En Paraiso"!!!

Stay Classy
Elder Johns


No comments:

Post a Comment