Monday, April 18, 2016

My Comp Schnaped His Knee

Alright, I've got a couple things to tell you before we start. So I've got the whole bishops family calling me "elder guapo", which means elder handsome! So that's pretty sweet! And it's been going on for the past couple weeks now, so I've also claimed myself as the most guapo elder in all of Cuautla! And now, right before we came over here to write, I got stopped by a lady who looks like one of those witches from the movies and then ends up being super nice and makes great cheesecake or something. I mean she had the weird old hat, the gray wirery hair and was short and stout! Then she just starts saying, "Oh wow, you are very handsome. I mean wow, I would kidnap you if I wouldn't get in trouble with the cops." at this point I've got my hands in fists because I don't know what's about to go down. So we talked for a couple seconds and she said, "wow, you speak great Spanish and you are just so handsome." So I said thanks and we got the heck out of there. I mean my goodness. You see what I'm dealing with here people? Is that a little creepy or what?

Now, down to business. Last Monday we went to play some soccer and basketball and such. And my comp shnaps his knee. So we can't do anything else the rest of the day and we just go home and ice his knee. Our plan was the hospital the next day.

Tuesday started off great with interviews with the president. We had a great talk and I just cant tell you how cool this guy is! Later while my comp was in his interview I'm talking with the presidents wife about my comps knee and she told me that it's most likely that he will go home if its not better. And that made me feel like crud. I mean he's doing an awesome job and really working unlike earlier in his mission. You can see that he has changed and now he might go home at his best. So if you could pray for elder Pacheco, I would really appreciate it!
Now, when he got out of his interview, we started our journey to the hospital. 

"Um, Elder Johns, "journey" is a weird word to use if you're only going to the hospital."

First, the word "Journey" is never wrong to use because they are one of the greatest bands that ever existed! Second, this is why I used that word. So because my comp cant really walk, we get a taxi and I ask him to take us to the hospital. He then proceeds to list off about 6 or 7 different hospitals. I didn't even know there were that many here... so I just said the closest one and off we went. About 15 minutes into the drive I knew we were done for because I could have walked to the one we needed in 10 minutes with my gimp comp. So he drops us off who knows where in front of this hospital, charges us our last 40 pesos (which was a miracle because that's literally all we had) and heads off. So we go in anyway to see what they can do for us, and tell us that there is a "seguro" right in the center, which is where we live. So I knew it was the one we would normally go to... What's a seguro you may ask. I couldn't tell you because I don't know the word in English. but this much I do know. It's pretty much a small hospital. Why the taxi guy didn't include this little hospital is beyond my understanding. So there we sat for an hour or two calling, begging, pleading for anyone to come and help! Finally the bishop comes to save the day and takes us over to this place. We get in to the back and they give him the solution and bring out some cream that he needs to put on his knee and it should be better... we'll see about that.

Wednesday was a day in the house. My comp needed to rest his knee and so we did nothing all day. But I did become a wizard at solitaire! I cant be beat! I wont be beat!

Thursday was almost the same as Wednesday. We did have a lesson with Sarah and Hassan! We were actually there for 2 hours teaching and answering questions!  We taught 2 lessons with them about  faith, baptism, holy ghost, sacrament and enduring to the end. Then Sarah asked us why we cant drink coffee. That's always a scary question because you don't want to lose someone over that. But after we taught her the word of wisdom, she said, "oh, OK. Then I'll stop drinking coffee. I only drink it every once in a while anyways." I was so nervous for that answer I almost swallowed my tongue. But man are they the best investigators of gold ever or what!!!  3 more weeks and they will be members of the only true church!!  That's so crazy!!

Friday. Another enjoyable day at the hospital. We headed over for another check up. So he went in to take his weight and such, I waited in the hallway. Then, as I wait, they wheel a girl by in a wheel chair and shes got an iv in her hand. Those who know me, know I don't do well with needles. So I start getting queasy and ask the nurse if she has a chair I can sit in and she told me no. So I just kind of laid my body on a desk they had so wouldn't pass out. I couldn't get it together for about 5 minutes. I know, pathetic. Later that night my comp had offered to teach the relief society how to make french toast. That was pretty funny to see. He was like Emerald Legasse and loving it up in front! We were only missing the cameras!

Saturday and Sunday were just 2 day of rest for my comp. I'm on the verge of blowing my brains out though. I cant stand just doing nothing for a long time here.

That's all for this week. not to much to report on.  Hopefully we get some better news on his knee this week! 

Stay Classy
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment