Monday, May 30, 2016

I Got Attacked By A Dog

Ok. Alright. Ok. I’ve got to get the heck out of Cuautla. I mean there is almost nothing here. And then BOOM pops up a miracle baptism. Don’t get me wrong, those are really cool! But I want to work for it because it means more. But let’s start off with why there was no email last week. Because this would have been it… “nothing happened. The end.” No lessons and no accepted contacts. Good times. But this week was a little bit better.

We finally have people to teach and the first was on Tuesday. Her name is Ruby and she is 16 years old. She has been to church more than 4 times and told us at the end of the lesson that she wants to change and start over. Well You’ve Come To The Right Place Darlin’! But she doesn’t know if she can, so please add her in your prayers. After this lesson with her, we walked the rest of the day.

Wednesday we found an old couple who have 2 catholic children and one JW. The parents are interested in the Mormons. What the heck happened there, I couldn’t tell you. But the parents can come to church for 2 more weeks. Whatevs, we’ll just keep teaching them until we get ‘em dunked!!!

Thursday, I got attacked by a dog. It came out of nowhere and almost bit my leg off. My comp was ahead of me and I saw no look of help in his eyes whatsoever. So went solo on this one. And by solo, I mean I took off running because I had nothing to throw at it. Once I escaped nothing else happened the rest of the day.

Friday, we went looking for some guy they call, El Muerto, or the dead man. He was baptized a year ago and no one could find him. We looked at all the houses he had lived in for a year and tried to find his daughters, but we got nothing. But when we went to eat with a member this day, we asked if he knew him and said, yeah, he rents a house from me down the road! BOOOOM!!! I felt like some episode of Scooby Doo and we finally found the bad guy! So we left and got to talk with him and his wife and we have another lesson this week!

Today was our semi annual sports day that President Crickmore puts on.  It's so legit!  Elder Searle, Reading and I had these sick black shirts made!  They are a super tight but we loved them!   President Crickmore has shirts made for each missionary.  I can't lie about El Guapo!  It's who I am.  But how about The Beef?  haha  Every time I scored in volleyball Sister Crickmore would yell "Where's the Beef" and I would yell "It's right here".  haha  It was awesome!  Such a fun day!    
Saturday and Sunday not a lot happened. It’s still really slow here and I apologize for not having much to say. But as Jack Sparrow once said, “take what you can and give nothing back.”

Stay Classy

Elder Johns





Elder Searle and Elder Reading



Elder Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment