Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Everybody's Workin' For the Weekend

Well, Trump won. Now, I don’t care if you like the guy or not. But at least you don’t have to check your back around every corner because of the color of your skin since he won... sheesh!

Tuesday was dumb. Why you might ask? Well it all started a week ago when we had to get a shot for the cold season that's coming. That was the worst. "Elder Johns! What does that have to do with this Tuesday?" Well I got sick this Tuesday... What the flip?! For those who don't know, I hate shots. I mean- I pass out. So if I'm going to go through that kind of sick joke, I expect it to work. Not that a week later I get sick. Ain't nobody got time for that!!!

Wednesday was cool! We had a meeting we Elder Pino from the seventy. It took most of the day, but we did have one lesson that night. We will see if they get to church. If they do there will be more info on them next week!!!

Thursday was a great day. Not so much in work but just in general. We took a trip back to Cuautla... Now I've been anxiously awaiting this day for a week now. We had a meeting and it was in the stake center right next to my old area so I knew I was going to see people I knew. I also knew it was Thursday which meant 2 for 1 fraps at Romans!!! (Romans is the ice cream place that got me through those 9 months if you'll remember. So I had to go back and pay my respects). The trip was 3 hours and we went with two other white dudes and spoke English the whole time. We got a bunch of dirty looks especially when we were yelling at each other across the bus. But it was totally worth it!!! So, as prophesied, I saw many people I knew and I did get my 2 for 1 frap before the meeting. After the meeting ended, we grabbed another frap, because who knows when we'll be back there, and we headed out on the 3 hour trip home. Pretty chill day!

Friday. Two words: Awesome!!! We went about doing our thing and cruising the streets of Mexico. But it started getting cool when we had our last lesson!! It was with Remedios and her kids Jessica and Jorge. We were teaching about the Plan of Salvation, along with using the good ol' Libro De Mormón! And every time we finished reading a verse, Remedios would say, "It’s so clear! It makes so much sense!!!" Honestly, I felt like Rocky from Rocky IV, because what once was a hostile crowd against the Book of Mormon is now cheering for it!!! And Satan is thinking, "They're not men... They're pieces of iron!" Ok, maybe the Rocky example is a little far fetched, but I don't care. You can never go wrong with Rocky, and you can never go wrong with the gospel!!!

That's how my week went. Hope you were also able to relate yourself to Rocky as well this week. Please pray and read the scriptures. They are true. And they will be very valuable to you if you don't treat them as a burden!!! As Always!!!

Stay Classy,

Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment