Monday, August 1, 2016

All That Glitters Are Not Gold...Yet

Good week, pretty good week. Ups and downs and pretty normal. Someone did however get shot in my area...

Tuesday we didn't have much to do in the morning. But later in the day my comp had to use the bathroom and we stopped by a member's house. He finished up and we talked with the wife for a minute and before we knew what was happening, we were out the door and headed to a few houses she thought might want to hear the gospel!!! We went with a family, BAM, four accepted baptisms! We went with a lady, BAM, another!! We even fought with a Christian man on the way home! Fantastic ending to a day!

Wednesday we only had one lesson. But it was with the Blanco Garcia family! It's hard to have a lesson with them because of their work, but we got them all together and at the end, all five accepted baptism!!! And they told us that we could help them out in their tortilla bakery. (not sure if you call it a tortilla bakery...)

Thursday was a whole lot of nothin’.

Friday was the big one. It was the day of the Movie Showing! Ah yeah baby!!! My start to fame and fortune!!! So it started up and man oh man I got all giddy for nothing... It wasn't terrible, I'll give him that. But we both thought he was capable of much better. I've seen some other stuff he's made so I was surprised on how it turned out. Once again, it wasn't horrible, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Saturday! We get up and head over to the tortilla bakery! I’m all amped up!!! We got in there and they cranked up the machine!! I was on catch and stack duty and you guys should have seen me! I was grease lighting... For the first 12 tortillas... After that I realized that my hand was burning and I almost couldn't keep up. You're in there moving as fast as you possibly can and the air around you is around 1000 degrees and for a fella like me I’m sweating like a hog. I’m getting sweat drops in the tortillas, but I didn't tell a soul!!! So we finished our service and they gave us something to eat. It was pretty good and about half way through the meal I made THE mistake. I asked what it was. Nice and casual, they tell me it's bull stomach... Good times.

Sunday we waited for the –>11<– investigadores to come to church. Now when there are 2 minutes before church starts, it hurts to see that people who said they would come are nowhere to be seen. You call, you message, and nothing in return. It hurts. We will go to visit them this week because they don't know what they're missing.
So, I learned that All That Glitters Are Not Gold...Yet, this week. Thank you for your prayers! They helped this week and have helped every week! As Always!!!
Stay Classy,

Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment